Can I sue on behalf of a family member?
If a family member can’t represent themselves, you may be able to help. But before we can
work together to get the justice you all deserve, it’s important to answer the following questions:
What is required to file on someone’s behalf?
- Mental or Physical Impairment
- Your family member cannot make decisions for themselves
- Wrongful Death
- Your family member has died in an accident
- Class Action Suit
- Your family member experienced injustice as part of a larger group
- Being a Minor
- Your family member is under the age of 18
How long do I have to file a claim?
Most wrongful death lawsuits must be filed within one to three years. Although there are certain exemptions due to age and mental capacity, any claim should be filed as quickly as possible.
How would a personal injury attorney help?
Working with an expert can help you explore all your options, including the best way for you to get a fair settlement. At JVM, here’s how we support you:
- No out-of-pocket fees or costs
- Representation centered around your needs
- Dedication to the maximum compensation
- Proven trial advocacy