Car Accident lawyers

140+ Years Combined Experience Serving Joplin and Springfield

Many car accident victims suffer from serious injuries that leave them with permanent disabilities or unable to work for long periods of time. This ends up creating financial strain in their household, especially if they are the sole wage earner. If you are in this situation, you don’t have to suffer alone. You can file a car accident claim to seek compensation for your injuries and any other accident-related costs.

Injury claims can provide compensation for your:

  • Hospital bills
  • Rehabilitation costs
  • Lost wages
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering

Car accidents make up a significant portion of personal injury claims, and a majority of these claims involve negligent or careless drivers. While some car accidents involve the typical fender bender, many car accidents result in serious bodily injuries.

Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci has handled numerous auto accidents, including those involving:

How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Missouri?

The state of Missouri imposes a five-year statute of limitations on car accident claims. This means you have five years from the date of your accident to file a claim or you may lose your right to compensation. Additionally, you are still eligible to file a claim if you are partially at fault for an accident. Missouri follows a “pure comparative negligence rule.”

This means that no matter what percentage of fault you are found to bear, you are still entitled to compensation, however, your compensation will be reduced by the same percentage you at fault for. For example if a jury finds you 10% at fault for an accident your compensation awarded to you will be reduced by 10%.

How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Arkansas?

The statute of limitations to file a car accident claim in Arkansas is three years. Additionally, Arkansas follows a “comparative negligence rule.” this is very similar to the pure comparative negligence rule, the only difference is you must be less than 50% responsible for an accident to file a claim.

What Damages Are Available After A Car Accident?

There are three main types of damages available after a car accident, economic, non-economic, and punitive. Each type seeks to compensate for a different loss associated with an injury. Economic damages, also called special damages, compensate for quantifiable losses such as lost wages or medical bills while non-economic damages compensate for more abstract losses, such as pain and suffering or mental anguish. Since non-economic damages can be difficult to quantify, they are also called general damages.

Unlike economic and non-economic damages, the purpose of punitive damages is to punish the negligent party instead of compensating for losses the injured party suffered. Punitive damages are only awarded when the negligent party was aware their actions would cause harm and did so anyway, as such they are not often rewarded.

Tenacious & Personalized Representation

Our team at Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci has over 140 years of combined experience ready to put to work for you. As one of the leading injury law firms in the Four States area, we have the resources and experience to fight for the highest compensation possible. Wherever you are in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, or Missouri, we are here for you.

Why People Choose Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci
  • Free Consultations
  • 140+ Years of Combined Experience
  • Millions Recovered in Verdicts & Settlements
  • Award-Winning Representation

Talk to one of our experienced Joplin & Springfield car accident attorneys at Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci about your car accident. We can help you navigate the often complex and stressful claims process, guiding you through the investigations, paperwork, and negotiations with insurance adjusters.

Call Our Car Accident Lawyers in Joplin & Springfield For A Free Consultation

If you are interested in filing a claim or would like to explore your legal options, don’t hesitate to speak with a member of our team. Our Joplin auto accident attorneys would be happy to assess your claim and discuss how you should proceed. We have offices in Springfield and Joplin. We do not charge any legal fees until after we win a case!

Don’t wait to get help today! Contact us at (417)206-0100 and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with our car accident attorneys.

Related Reading


Click on the button below to fill out our free initial consultation form and one of our team members will reach out to gather more information.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.