Parking Lot Safety and Holiday Shopping
Buying gifts for your family and friends and preparing holiday meals can be both exciting and stressful. Every year, when holiday season approaches, we do our best to be as prepared as possible. As you weave in and out of parking lots and stores, buying what you need and perhaps a few additional items, you may notice just how stressed and panicked others are. You may be acting with caution as you drive your car or push your cart, but others may not. Because we care about your safety during the holidays, we have compiled a few tips for you.
Parking lots are considered to be one of the most dangerous areas during the holiday season. Many people are aware of the dangers inside the stores because of "Black Friday" and other big sales. However, keeping aware and cautious at all times when you are driving and walking in parking lots is essential to your family's safety!
The best ways to stay safe during your holiday shopping include:
- It is important to stay alert at all times, especially if you have children with you. People can make unexpected moves and cut you off, leading to potentially dangerous situations.
- When you are driving, especially in parking lots, be sure to use your signal. Try not to make any sudden moves for your safety and those around you.
- If you are walking, tell your children to hold hands with each other and you at all times. Keep them close and always know where they are.
- When you go inside the mall, grocery stores, or to do any shopping, don't run, especially if you are driving a shopping cart. You never know when someone can come around a corner.
- Always double check that you have locked your doors and closed the windows.
- Park as close as possible to the doors and ask security to walk you if you are leaving late at night and have parked far away.
If you have been hurt in a parking lot or public area during the holidays, our legal team at Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci can help. Our personal injury attorneys have more than 140 years of combined legal experience and we serve clients throughout Joplin and Springfield.
Please call us now at (833) 600-0125 for a free consultation.