Josh started his legal career defending workers’ compensation cases for insurance companies, where he saw first-hand how unfairly injury victims are treated. Josh quickly decided that his efforts would be better spent advocating for the injured, so he moved to plaintiff’s personal injury work, where he found his calling.
After 9 years of practice, with the previous 7 years at another local plaintiff’s firm, Josh joined the trial lawyers at Johnson, Vorhees & Martucci and began to focus his practice on trial work. Josh believes that a trial lawyer doesn’t see injustice and just shrug his shoulders or turn his back. To Josh, being a trial lawyer means facing injustice head on and relentlessly seeking accountability and compensation for clients through the judicial process.
The part Josh most enjoys about his practice is the process - the application
of logic and reason to advocate for a client who needs assistance.
Outside of work Josh enjoys running, particularly on the many beautiful and challenging trails of Southwest Missouri, and spending time with friends and family on Table Rock Lake, where he grew up.
“At JVM we pursue our client’s interests through aggressive, creative lawyering, backed by experience, tenacity, and a willingness and proven track record to take cases to trial.”
- Missouri State University | B.A. Summa Cum Laude - 2006
- University of Missouri-Kansas City | J.D. Magna Cum Laude - 2009
- Western District of Missouri Federal Court
- Eastern District of Missouri Federal Court
- Top overall score on Arkansas Bar exam 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars Selection 2015-2019
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Arkansas Trial Lawyer Association