Erin VorheesNorthwest Arkansas Partner
Erin fell into law by happenstance it all started with a part-time job as a clerical assistant at Roger Johnson’s newly formed law firm. But, as she shuffled papers and absorbed the legal environment around her, a spark of interest began to flicker inside. The ever changing legal field fed into Erin’s love of learning. As the weeks and months went by, the hours and responsibilities increased. Instead of merely having a contact with the papers, Erin began to have interaction with the clients in the role of the paralegal. Not only did law present her with the opportunity to strengthen her mind by studying and learning, but it gave her an opportunity to strengthen her heart- to approach clients who are downtrodden and desperate with empathy and understanding.
Erin most enjoys the feeling she gets when persistence pays off, and she is able to find that key piece of information needed to defeat a defense motion or to resolve a client’s case. Being entrusted to act as the voice of those who are in need and, may not know how to stand up for their legal rights on their own is a responsibility she does not take lightly.
Erin is married to a brilliant and caring man who has supported her dreams and developing a career. “My husband shouldered the lion’s share of caring for our two girls as I worked full time and finished my Bachelor’s degree.” Just shy of two weeks before law school started their son was born, and her husband bravely took on the responsibility of not only caring for their three children but also caring for his often exhausted wife.
Erin’s proudest accomplishments include helping to create three amazingly bright, caring, and beautiful children. When the dean at her law school said it wouldn’t be possible to commute each day from Joplin to Fayetteville and do well in school, Erin proved him wrong. She then obtained the highest score on the February 2012 AR bar exam.
- Missouri, 2011
- Arkansas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2013
University of Arkansas, School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- J.D. cum laude - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List
Missouri Southern State College
- Bachelor of General Studies cum laude - 2007
Areas of Practice
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of American Society of Law Medicine and Ethics Annual Health Law Student Award, 2010
- Earned top score on Arkansas Bar Exam February 2012
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Jasper County Bar Association, Member
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Arkansas Bar Association, Member
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Washington County Bar Association
- Benton County Bar Association